Bus information is sent to families directly from Arlington Public Schools Department of Transportation during the end of August.
The following Discovery-specific resources will be of interest to families regarding transportation to and from school:
As part of our serious commitment to environmentally-positive living and learning, Discovery strongly promotes approaching getting to school differently and works closely with Arlington Transportation Partners. This information is provided to all Explorers, young and young-at-heart, to help ensure safe and reliable ways to get to school while significantly considering environmental impact and health.
- APS Commuter Benefits: APS employee commuter benefits webpage
- APS Safe Routes to School: National program that works to make it safer and easier for students to walk or bike to school
- Arlington Transportation Partners: Arlington County Commuter Services’ Business-to-Business Transportation Consultants
- BikeArlington: Resources to encourage more bicycle riding, including maps and education classes
- Car Free Near Me: Personalized transportation planning web app
- Commuter Connections Ride Matching: APS staff portal for ride matching and Guaranteed Ride Home
- Commuter Direct: Helps you buy transit tickets and passes and have them delivered to your door
- Commuter Page: Information about transportation options for the Washington, D.C. area, including commuter rail (MARC and VRE), Metro bus and rail, local bus systems and more
- Multimodal Planning Maps: Multimodal Planning Maps are designed to assist families in planning safe routes to school
- SchoolPool: Portal to assist families find carpool, walking school bus and bike train buddies
- Vanpool Connect: Program to assist staff in joining or creating a vanpool
- WalkArlington: Resources to help get more people walking, more of the time School Quick GlanceAPS Transportation