Bus information is sent to families directly from Arlington Public Schools Department of Transportation during the end of August.
Student Arrival and Dismissal
For the most current information about student arrival and dismissal, use the link below:
Student drop of and pick up by private vehicle should occur only in the designated unloading/loading zone located within the school parking lot. For the safety of your student and others, please do not use 36th Street, Harrison Street, Kensington Street or the bus loop to drop of or pick up your student.
Please drive slowly and yield to our student walkers and bicyclists.
No texting or cell phone use while driving.
Follow all directions from school safety personnel. They can see potential problems you may not see.
To avoid conflicts and reduce traffic congestion, please access the school campus via Kensington Street.
Drivers enter the school parking lot single-file, then split into two lanes as you approach the unloading zone.
School staff members will assist with the unloading and loading process. When all cars are stopped, staff will signal to unload or load. Students in cars located closest to the school will unload/load at the curb. Students in cars located in the outside lane (farthest from the school) must use the crosswalk located at the front of the unloading/loading zone.
Drivers will return to single-file and exit the school parking lot by turning left onto 36th street. The driveway exit is left turn only during school arrival and dismissal hours to minimize vehicle conflicts at the school parking lot.
Bus Eligibility Map
To learn more about bus eligibility, please visit the APSVA transportation webpage on the subject.
For more information, please contact APS Transportation at 703-228-8670 or email them at email@example.com.
As part of our serious commitment to environmentally-positive living and learning, Discovery strongly promotes approaching getting to school differently and works closely with Arlington Transportation Partners. This information is provided to all Explorers, young and young-at-heart, to help ensure safe and reliable ways to get to school while significantly considering environmental impact and health.
- APS Commuter Benefits: APS employee commuter benefits webpage
- APS Safe Routes to School: National program that works to make it safer and easier for students to walk or bike to school
- Arlington Transportation Partners: Arlington County Commuter Services’ Business-to-Business Transportation Consultants
- BikeArlington: Resources to encourage more bicycle riding, including maps and education classes
- Car Free Near Me: Personalized transportation planning web app
- Commuter Connections Ride Matching: APS staff portal for ride matching and Guaranteed Ride Home
- Commuter Direct: Helps you buy transit tickets and passes and have them delivered to your door
- Commuter Page: Information about transportation options for the Washington, D.C. area, including commuter rail (MARC and VRE), Metro bus and rail, local bus systems and more
- Multimodal Planning Maps: Multimodal Planning Maps are designed to assist families in planning safe routes to school
- Vanpool Connect: Program to assist staff in joining or creating a vanpool
- WalkArlington: Resources to help get more people walking, more of the time School Quick Glance APS Transportation