After your iPad is reset to factory settings, there are several steps necessary to get it up and running.
Step 1: Complete the Initial Setup
After you turn on your iPad, you will see the “Hello” screen:
Follow the-onscreen instructions.
- For “Language,” select “English.”
- For “Country or Region,” select “United States.” (You may have to scroll down the long list.)
- At the bottom of the screen, press “Set Up Manually.”
- For “Choose a Wi-Fi Network,” select APS.
- Your user name is your student ID number.
- Use your normal password. If you don’t know your password, ask your teacher.
- When the screen pops up that has the “Trust” button in the upper-right corner, press “Trust.”
- For the “automatic configuration” screen, enter the same user name and password you used to sign in to the APS Wi-Fi.
- Press the blue “Continue” button wherever it appears through the next several screens.
Once you have completed the initial setup, let your iPad sit for a minute or two.
If a pop-up appears that has the option “Dismiss,” press “Dismiss.”
If a pop-up appears that asks to “Allow” or “Always Allow,” press “Allow” or “Always Allow.”
Wait until the Hub and the GlobalProtect apps are fully loaded before proceeding.
Step 2: Sign In to Hub.
Next, you must sign in to the Hub app, to ensure the device is properly connected to the APS mobile device management platform known as AirWatch.
Find the Hub app. The Hub app has the hexagonal blue icon pictured below.
Press the icon to open the app.
Using your seven-digit Student ID Number for user name and your unique six-digit Password, sign in to Hub.
If you don’t know your password, ask your teacher.
Upon signing in to Hub for the first time, you will be prompted with three different screens:
- On the screen called “Agent is now Hub,” press Got it.
- On the screen called “Privacy,” press I understand.
- On the screen called “Data Sharing,” press not now, then don’t send. (There is no need to share data with AirWatch for the iPad to work properly.)
Step 3: Sign In to GlobalProtect
Next, you must sign in to the GlobalProtect app, to ensure the device is being properly filtered for inappropriate content.
Find the GlobalProtect app.
The GlobalProtect has the light-colored globe icon pictured below.
Tap the “Tap to Connect” button in the middle.
- If the button has a green ring that briefly flashes around it, then stops and goes back to gray, press it three more times, pausing between each press.
- If you are asked for your password, use your unique six-digit Password.
- If you don’t know your password, ask your teacher.
- If you are asked for the domain, enter portal.gp.apsva.us.
Step 4: Sign In to Google Classroom
To confirm that the iPad is now fully set up, press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
Find and open the Google Classroom app and ensure that your student can access class materials.
Your device is now properly reconnected to the home network. There is no harm in repeating all of the above steps from the beginning, should your device ever have difficulty connecting to a network in the future.