The Virtual Book & Game Fair has started!
It will run from Monday Nov. 16 through Thursday Dec. 10. Click here to browse a wide selection of wonderful books and educational games.
- Be sure to checkout the Teacher Wish Lists (more coming soon)
- Consider a financial donation to our book drive for Barcroft Elementary
- Please feel free to share the link with family and friends.
- Free shipping on all orders over $30
Discovery ES – Grab & Go – Library Book Pick Up
- Where – Veranda outside of the Dining Commons
- When – Pick up books Wednesdays from 2:30 to 4:30 OR Thursday during lunch from 11 to 11:50
- Please try to request books by Thursday or Friday.- All requests must be made by Monday night.
- Can request up to 3 books. We hope to increase the number in the future.
- Only 2 books from a series at a time. Make sure you include a just right book that you can read on your own.
How do I get books? (pick 1 option)
- Option 1 – You pick the books – You can log into the library catalog and place holds on up to 3 specific print book titles by Monday evening each week. Here is a “how to” video to walk you through the steps.
- Option 2 – We pick the books – in the interest of your time, you can also fill out this Google Form to let us know your child’s interest and we will select titles for you. Here is another “how to” video.
How do I know if my book is ready for pick up?
- We will do our best to have any requests by Monday night ready for Wednesday pick up.
- You can also log into your child’s library account to see if the books are ready to be picked up. The status of the book will change from “Hold” or “Available” to “Checked Out.”
- If you do not make it on Wednesday we will hold your “checked out” books until the following Wednesday. After that we will check them back in and return them to the shelves.
How do I pick up the books?
- Walk up the ramp at the rear of the school, just past our garden boxes. There will be markings and signage to help maintain a six foot social distance, if there is a line.
- You might want to bring a bag especially if you are picking up for more than one child.
- Please have only one person from each family wait in line. If you have others with you, they can sit on the raised concrete bench at the edge of the green astro turf lawn area nearby.
- Fifth graders are allowed to come pick up their own books by themselves.
How do I return books?
- Returns can be brought to the veranda on Wednesday afternoons
- There will also be a daily return bin outside of the front entrance of the school.
Where can I find ebooks and eAudio books? MackinVIA
- Access to over 10,000 ebooks, eAudiobooks and the APS databases
- Tumble Books can now be found in the MackinVIA database
Looking to read shorter books in one sitting?
You probably want to use the new universal login.
- Go to MackinVIA.com. You will see 3 boxes. Ignore the top one and fill in the bottom 2 as seen below. Use lowercase letters.
- Here is a quick video to guide you through it and how to search for books.
Looking to read a longer book?
- You probably want to use your regular student ID number and password and check out the book as students always have.
- Here is a video to help.
- Students are encourage to – Be Brave, Be Curious, Be Kind
- The library is open before school for book checkout.
- Students in grades 2 to 5 are able to come to the library for book checkout at any time.
- For these grades we also have “unlimited book checkout” – students can checkout as many books they think they can read in a week.
- Access to the more elementary friendly APS databases can be found on the left – see Online Encyclopedias, Social Studies databases and Science databases.
- Once again students can now also accessed databases, ebooks and e-Audiobooks through MackinVIA. On any computer, students can go to www.MackinVIA.com or through the MackinVIA app on their iPad.