Want Books? Discovery ES – Library Book Pick Up – and now our NEW Pop Up Library
- New Pop Up Library – just show up. We have a number of brightly colored carts with a selection of books to check out on the spot.
- Please Note – Masks, social distancing guidelines and hand sanitizer will be used by all. _____________________________________________________________
- Where – Veranda outside of the Dining Commons
- When – Pick up books Wednesdays from 2:30 to 4:00 OR Thursday during lunch from 11 to 11:50
- All requests must be made by Monday night.
- Can request up to 3 books. You can also get additional books from the pop up library.
- Only 2 books from a series at a time. Make sure you include a just right book that you can read on your own.
How do I get books? (pick 1 option)
- Option 1 – You pick the books – You can log into the library catalog and place holds on up to 3 specific print book titles by Monday evening each week. Here is a “how to” video to walk you through the steps.
- Option 2 – We pick the books – in the interest of your time, you can also fill out this Google Form to let us know your child’s interest and we will select titles for you. Here is another “how to” video.
How do I know if my book is ready for pick up?
- We will do our best to have any requests by Monday night ready for Wednesday pick up.
- You can also log into your child’s library account to see if the books are ready to be picked up. The status of the book will change from “Hold” or “Available” to “Checked Out.”
- If you do not make it on Wednesday we will hold your “checked out” books until the following Wednesday. After that we will check them back in and return them to the shelves.
How do I pick up the books?
- Come to the veranda and be mindful of social distance guidelines.
- You might want to bring a bag especially if you are picking up for more than one child..
- Fifth and fourth graders are allowed to come pick up their own books by themselves.
How do I return books?
- There is a daily return bin outside of the front entrance of the school.
- Returns can also be brought to the veranda on Wed. afternoons and Thur. during lunch.
Where can I find ebooks and eAudio books? MackinVIA
- Access to over 10,000 ebooks, eAudiobooks and the APS databases
- The TumbleBook Library can now be found in the MackinVIA databases
Looking to read shorter books in one sitting?
You probably want to use the new universal login.
- Go to MackinVIA.com. You will see 3 boxes. Ignore the top one and fill in the bottom 2 as seen below. Use lowercase letters.
- Here is a quick video to guide you through it and how to search for books.
Looking to read a longer book?
- You probably want to use your regular student ID number and password and check out the book as students always have.
- Here is a video to help.
- Students are encourage to – Be Brave, Be Curious, Be Kind
- The library is open before school for book checkout.
- Students in grades 2 to 5 are able to come to the library for book checkout at any time.
- For these grades we also have “unlimited book checkout” – students can checkout as many books they think they can read in a week.
- Access to the more elementary friendly APS databases can be found on the left – see Online Encyclopedias, Social Studies databases and Science databases.
- Once again students can now also accessed databases, ebooks and e-Audiobooks through MackinVIA. On any computer, students can go to www.MackinVIA.com or through the MackinVIA app on their iPad.