Please note that the Live Event link below is now a recording instead of a link to the live event itself, so that those who could not attend or those who wish to re-watch it may do so.
Welcome to Back to School Night 2021-2022 for Discovery Elementary School! We wish we could see you in person tonight, but we are taking precautions to keep you and yours safe and healthy by holding tonight’s event digitally.
This evening’s event is intended to be viewed on your Explorer’s iPad. If you don’t have your Explorer’s iPad with you tonight, you can download and log in to Teams on any device. using the credentials sent home by Mr. Reeves by email over the Labor Day weekend.
Technical support for APS-provided iPads at Discovery is provided online at https://discovery.apsva.us/help/.
If you need help logging in to Microsoft Teams on the student iPad, please refer to this step of the iPad setup instructions.
- 6:30 PM: Select and watch your first video. (Links are below this schedule.) If you have only one Explorer, select the grade level for your student. You do this on your own.
- 6:40 PM: Using your Explorer’s iPad, open Microsoft Teams and go into the Homeroom class for your Explorer’s teacher. Join the meeting in the General channel.
- 6:50 PM: Select and watch your second video. (Links are below this schedule.) If you have only one Explorer, consider one of the other relevant videos available. You do this on your own.
- 7:00 PM: Using your Explorer’s iPad, open Microsoft Teams and go into the Homeroom class for your next Explorer’s teacher. If you have only one Explorer, enjoy this time as a break.
- 7:10 PM: Everyone is invited to join the Town Hall Q&A with Dr. Russo and Dr. Seeber by clicking this link to join the Microsoft Teams Live Event. You can do this on any device. Mr. Reeves will moderate the Q&A. A recording of the video will be shared here when it is available after the event, so all families may return to watch it at any time.
- 7:20 PM: Everyone is invited to watch the Encore and/or Mental Health Team videos. (Links are below this schedule.) You do this on your own.
- 7:30 PM: The event concludes. Have a great evening!
Families watch these videos on their own. We are not “live streaming” these videos because that results in lesser quality video. By recording and making these videos available directly, you not only will get the best quality, but you can watch them again later!
- Pre-K / Montessori Harmon | Pre-K / Montessori Spierto-Jesukiewicz*
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Mental Health Team
* Note as of 6:30 PM: There was a technical problem with the Pre-K / Montessori Spierto-Jesukiewicz video upload. We will replace the video as soon as we can.
Thank you very much for attending our virtual Back to School Night! Stay safe, Explorers!